Sony announced the availability of XAV-9500ES – the Mobile ES™ line-up’s first in-car media receiver with high-res audio capabilities in the UAE. With a sleek, high definition 10.1-inch display, the 9500ES offers high quality sound, customizable audio features and Sony’s first wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto™ connections.
Ever since its introduction, the Sony Mobile ES series has raised the bar for the premium in-car listening experience. The addition of the XAV-9500ES receiver further continues this newfound legacy of in-car audio by adding further depth to the Mobile ES line-up.
- High-resolution Audio Compatible: Enjoy the subtle nuances of studio-quality sound with high-resolution audio. The 9500ES supports a variety of high-resolution audio codecs including native 192 kHz / 24-bit WAV, FLAC, ALAC audio files, and DSD (22.4MHz) files via 192 kHz / 24-bit PCM conversion. LDAC enables Bluetooth® streaming of all these codecs with exceptional sound quality.
- ESS Digital-to-Analog Converter: Experience the same caliber of sound typically reserved for high-end home audio products. This chip, provides optimum quality for all digital music files.
- Built-in Premium 4-channel Class A/B Amplifier: To provide unmatched audio quality, customers can enjoy smooth highs, tight bass, wide dynamic range and more accurate sound stage.
- Sound Customization: The high grade 192 kHz / 24-bit DSP offers pristine sound processing and time alignment down to a remarkable 1 cm for each of the 6 addressable channels. A 14-band EQ lets users adjust the overall sound to their music or taste, and each of the 6 channels features independent 8-band parametric EQ to get optimum performance across different speaker configurations. Together with the 3-zone crossover, users can dial in the perfect match of front, rear and subwoofers.
- 1-inch Gapless Anti-glare Capacitive Touchscreen: Now updated with a 10.1″ high-definition LCD panel and optically gapless design, it boasts best-in-class picture quality while assuring safer and easier operation. Unlike a conventional display, the LCD is bonded directly to the protective glass touch layer with a transparent adhesive. The result is an extremely precise touch experience along with enhanced contrast and visual performance.
- HD Graphical User Interface: The 1280 x 720 HD touchscreen offers an enhanced user interface, featuring simple and clean graphics, high contrast “Mobile ES” color scheme and customizable wallpaper and icon positionings.
- Ultra-sleek “Floating” Display: The sturdy and adjustable mount now works in four directions. With flexible installation options and space-friendly single-DIN rear chassis, it can be installed in a variety of vehicles.
- Wire-Free Smartphone Connectivity: Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi and the supplied GPS antenna, users can leave their smartphone in their pocket and still access full device integration.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay integrates iPhone with the car audio’s display and controls, enabling users to make phone calls, access music, send and receive messages, get directions optimized for traffic and more while the driver stays focused on the road. Supporting third-party navigation apps, Apple CarPlay provides even more choices to get to the destination.[v]
- Wireless Android Auto™: Designed with safety and convenience in mind, Android Auto is a simpler way to use a smartphone with the car’s display. Drivers can talk to Google on Android Auto and stay connected, entertained and informed while keeping their eyes on the road. Just say “Hey Google” or press the voice control button on the 9500ES.
- USB Type-C® Compatible Rear Connection Terminals: USB Type-C terminal is available for any compatible device, allowing high-current charge up to 3A.
- Quick Wake Up: With the quick wake up feature, users are ready to go right after turning on the ignition.
- Rear View Camera Ready with Adjustable Parking Guidelines: Users can see the images of up to three connected cameras when they shift the vehicle’s transmission lever to the reverse position or tap the dedicated icons on the home screen.
- Ergonomically Designed Physical Key Terminal and Customizable Large Front Keys: The ergonomically designed physical key terminal gives instant access to basic operations to minimize distractions behind the wheel. Two customizable large keys are also available that users can assign various functions like Mute, Display Off, Source, Home, etc.
- Enhanced 5V 3-Pre-Out Connectivity: For future expandability, the 5V 3-pre out connectivity allows customers to build a full acoustic system, including a newly available stereo subwoofer connection, and a 4-channel stereo amplification for even louder and more powerful sound reproduction.