Kingston Digital Europe Co LLP, a Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, has announced the release of its latest encrypted USB drive, Kingston IronKey Vault Privacy 50 (VP50) with FIPS 197 certification and AES 256-bit hardware-encryption in XTS mode for data security.
Kingston IronKey Vault Privacy 50 supports Admin, User, and One-Time Recovery passwords with Complex or Passphrase modes. This multi-password option enhances the ability to recover access to data on the drive should one of the passwords be forgotten. While traditional Complex mode allows for passwords from 6-16 characters using 3 out of 4 character sets, the new passphrase mode gives users the ability to have a numeric PIN, sentence, list of words, or even lyrics from 10 to 64 characters long that’s unique, yet memorable to them. To aid in password entry, the “eye” symbol can be enabled to reveal the typed-in password to reduce failed login attempts.
Admin can also enable a User and a One-Time Recovery password or reset the User password to restore data access. In addition, VP50 protects against Brute Force attacks by locking out User or One-Time Recovery passwords upon 10 invalid entries in a row and crypto-erases the drive if the Admin password is entered incorrectly 10 times in a row. So, while data is lost, there’s no fear of a breach.
VP50 can also protect against potential malware on untrusted systems, by both Admin and User setting Read-Only mode to write-protect the drive; additionally, the built-in virtual keyboard shields passwords from keyloggers or screen loggers. Organizations can customise and configure VP50 with a Product ID (PID) for integration with standard Endpoint Management software to meet corporate IT and cybersecurity requirements through Kingston’s Customisation Program. Small and Medium Businesses can take advantage of the Admin role to locally manage their drives, e.g. use Admin to configure or reset employee User or One-Time Recovery passwords, recover data access on locked drives, and comply with laws and regulations when forensics are required. VP50 is encrypted storage under the user’s physical control, making it superior to using the internet and Cloud services to safeguard important data.
“Vault Privacy 50 joins our Kingston IronKey line of encrypted solutions as a premium USB drive to provide business-grade data security,” said Oscar Escayola, EMEA Flash Business Manager, Kingston. “We have added some of the most requested features from our customers, like the new multi-password option and new passphrase mode, to not only protect 100 percent of data stored but also make the drive more user friendly.”
Kingston IronKey Vault Privacy 50 is available in capacities from 8GB – 256GB and is backed by a limited five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
For more information visit kingston.com.
|IronKey Vault Privacy 50|
|IKVP50/8GB||8GB IronKey VP50|
|IKVP50/16GB||16GB IronKey VP50|
|IKVP50/32GB||32GB IronKey VP50|
|IKVP50/64GB||64GB IronKey VP50|
|IKVP50/128GB||128GB IronKey VP50|
|IKVP50/256GB||256GB IronKey VP50|
Kingston IronKey Vault Privacy 50 Features and Specifications:
- Hardware-encrypted USB Drive for Data Protection: Safeguard Important Data with FIPS 197 Certified XTS-AES 256-bit Encryption. Built-in protections against BadUSB and Brute Force attacks.
- Multi-Password Option for Data Recovery: Enable Admin, User, and One-Time Recovery passwords. Admin can reset a User password and create a One-Time recovery password to restore User’s access to data. Brute Force attack protection locks out User or One-Time Recovery passwords upon 10 invalid passwords entered in a row, and crypto-erases the drive if the Admin password is entered incorrectly 10 times in a row.
- New Passphrase Mode: Select between Complex or Passphrase password mode. Passphrases can be a numeric PIN, sentence with space characters, list of words, or even lyrics – from 10 to 64 characters long.
- Additional Security Features: Reduce failed login attempts and frustration by enabling “eye” button to view password typed. Use virtual keyboard to shield password entry from keyloggers and screenloggers.
- Dual Read-Only (Write-Protect) Settings: Avoid malware attacks with a forced Read-Only mode set by Admin for User or a session-based Read-Only mode set by Admin or User.
- Leverage Admin role to locally manage drives, ideal for Small and Medium Businesses: Use Admin role to locally manage employee User and One-Time Recovery passwords, recover data access on locked drives, and comply with laws and regulations when forensics are required.
- Interface: USB 3.2 Gen 1
- Capacities1: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- Connector: Type-A
USB 3.2 Gen 1
8GB – 128GB: 250MB/s read, 180MB/s write
256GB: 230MB/s read, 150MB/s write
8GB – 256GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- Dimensions: 77.9 mm x 21.9 mm x 12.0 mm
- Waterproof3: Up to 4 ft; IEC 60529 IPX8
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 60°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 85°C
- Compatibility: USB 3.0/USB 3.1/USB 3.2 Gen 1
- Warrant/Support: Limited 5-year warranty, free technical support
- Compatible with: Windows® 11, 10, 8.1, macOS® (v. 10.14.x – 12.x.x)