Sony Middle East and Africa has announced its GS car speaker and subwoofer lineup, including the XS-162GS, XS-160GS, XS-690GS speakers, and XS-W124GS and XS-W104GS subwoofers. For those who are seeking for step-up acoustic system from their factory car audio, the GS lineup is designed to deliver smooth, detailed sound, that will turn an everyday journey into a real audio experience.
See below for a lineup overview and feature highlights for the new speakers and subwoofers:
GS Lineup Overview:
- XS-162GS | 16 cm (6 ½”) 2-way Component Speakers
- XS-160GS | 16 cm (6 ½”) 2-way Coaxial Speakers
- XS-690GS | 16 x 24 cm (6 x 9“) 2-way Coaxial Speakers
- XS-W124GS | 30 cm (12“) Subwoofer
- XS-W104GS | 25 cm (10“) Subwoofer
XS-162GS, XS-160GS, XS-690GS, Speakers’ Key Features:
- Composite Polypropylene Cone Woofer: Optimally designed polypropylene diaphragm gives deep bass while suppressed peaks and dips in the mid and high frequency smooth integration with the tweeter.
- Foam Rubber Surround: The woofer surround material is made of foam rubber, manufactured with an air-filled matrix structure that is light-weight and durable, providing optimal damping characteristics for responsive bass notes.
- Dynamic Air Diffuser: The integrated Dynamic Air Diffuser ensures efficient air circulation for smooth cone travel and cooling of the voice coil.
- Progressive Height Rate Spider: The acoustically optimised spider allows for higher power handling and airflow, with a profile designed for more rapid and precise cushioning of the speaker cone.
- Silk Soft Dome Tweeter: Based on technology developed for our premium speaker designs, the soft-dome tweeter boasts a flat frequency response and wider dispersion. In addition, its silk diaphragm contributes to natural and smooth sound with good internal loss.
- Easy Installation: The smaller tweeter chassis and shallow woofer basket decrease physical interference with factory grilles, enabling easy installation in a wider variety of vehicles.
- Phase Plug (XS-162GS Only): The resonance damping phase plug on the woofer helps realise the ideal frequency response, right up to the crossover point with the matched tweeters.
- Supplied Tweeter Mounts/ Adaptors (XS-162GS Only): The newly designed angle mounts and surface mount adaptors assure flexible installation in various types of vehicles for best acoustic results.
- In-line Crossover Networks (XS-162GS Only): The in-line crossover networks enable easy wiring realising installation in a wider variety of vehicles.
XS-W124GS and XS-W104GS Subwoofers’ Key Features:
- Paper Cone diaphragm with Polypropylene Cap: A light-weight paper cone diaphragm directly connected to the voice coil reproduces tight low end. The injected polypropylene dust cap ensures rigidity and optimises internal damping, realising powerful and responsive bass sound.
- Progressive Height Rate Double Spider: The acoustically optimised spider allows for higher power handling and airflow, with a profile designed for more rapid and precise cushioning of the speaker cone. To increase signal integrity and prevent sound interference the lead wire from the voice coil is also sewn to the spider, reducing wire movement.
- Long Excursion Structure: The voice coil is supported by the double-layered spider, suppressing unwanted rolling, while also ensuring long excursion to reproduce rich bass sounds.
- Rubber Surround: Rubber surround reduces excessive vibration and supports cone excursion with less distortion. The result is solid bass response at high volume levels so that the system can play loud and clear.
Environment in mind
Sony’s products are not only designed to be stylish but also with the environment in mind. For the GS lineup individual packaging, 98% of the cushions are made of paper materials, and compared to the prior model, printed information has been carefully considered for simplicity and length to reduce printer ink usage by approximately 90%, reflecting Sony’s commitment to reducing environmental impact.
For detailed product information on the speakers and subwoofers, please visit: