The Alpha 7C II is equipped with a full-frame image sensor with approximately 33.0 effective megapixels and features the latest still image and video functions and performance in a compact and lightweight design (approximately 124mm wide x 71.1mm high x 63.4mm deep and weighs approximately 514 g). It is the second-generation version of the Alpha 7C series, which is celebrated for its combination of performance and features in a compact size, perfect for a wide range of shooting scenarios such as travel and street photography.
The Alpha 7CR is a new compact full-frame interchangeable lens camera, boasting the high-resolution and rich gradation performance of a full-size image sensor with approximately 61.0 effective megapixels, the same sensor found in the Alpha 7R V, into a compact and lightweight body (similar size and weight as the Alpha 7C II, approximately 515 g). In addition to daily snapshots, it easily realises high-quality image capture in a wide variety of settings, such as portrait, wildlife, and landscape photography, realising the combination of extreme high-resolution image capture with mobility and lightweightness. Both models are equipped with the same AI-processing unit and BIONZ XR® processors found in Sony’s newest interchangeable lens cameras such as the Alpha 7R V and Alpha 6700. Real-time Recognition AF recognises a wide variety of subjects with high accuracy, and 5-axis in-body image stabilisation provides a seven-step shooting advantage when capturing stills. In terms of video performance, both models support high-quality 4:2:2 10-bit video recording up to 4K60p , and both models support Sony’s acclaimed S-Cinetone colour science for rich cinematic video. In addition, they have Active Mode in-body image stabilisation, AI-based Auto Framing, digital-audio interface support, and other features that support high-quality video shooting.
As the demand for sending and sharing captured content on social media networks (SNS) has increased, more creators are looking for a combination of compact size and high imaging performance in mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. With the introduction of the Alpha 7C II and Alpha 7CR, which achieve high mobility and high-quality image expression in a compact size, Sony responds to the wide range of image expressions sought by creators.
Main Features of the Alpha 7C II
- Equipped with a full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor with approximately 33.0 effective megapixels and the latest BIONZ XR image processing engine to achieve high imaging performance. For capturing either still images or movies, users can easily enjoy high-quality image capture in a wide range of scenes such as travel and daily snapshots.
- Compared to the Alpha 7 IV which is approximately 131.3 mm x 96.4 mm x 79.8 mm and weighs approximately 658 g, the α7C II is up to 22% lighter and has up to 45% less volume.
- The standard ISO sensitivities range from 100 to 51200 for both still images and movies (expanded ISO 50 to 204800 for still images), enabling high-sensitivity, noise-free shooting.
- Equipped with a full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor with approximately 61.0 effective megapixels and the latest BIONZ XR image processing engine to achieve high-resolution and high-definition imaging performance.
- Compared to the Alpha 7R V which is approximately 131.3 mm x 96.9 mm x 82.4 mm and weighs approximately 723 g, the Alpha 7CR is approximately 29% lighter and has approximately 53% less volume.
- The standard ISO sensitivity ranges from 100 to 32000 for both still images and movies (expanded ISO 50 to 102400 for still images).
- In addition to 7.0-step optical 5-axis in-body image stabilisation, even slight blurring at the 1-pixel level is detected and corrected.
- Equipped with a Pixel Shift Multi Shooting that takes multiple images and synthesises them on a PC to create an image with a sense of high resolution.
- By combining with the grip extension GP-X2 included with the Alpha 7CR, you can shoot comfortably with a stable hold even when shooting for long periods of time or using a telephoto lens.
The new Alpha 7C II and Alpha 7CR will be available in selected countries in the Middle East and Africa from 30th September 2023.