Sony Middle East & Africa has officially introduced its latest range of car audio receivers called the XAV-AX8000 and XAV-1500, featuring some of the most advanced and amazing displays yet. The new sound and extensive usability features enhance your driving experience in a way that is safer and smarter for use on the roads in the UAE.
“Without doubt, the use of larger, more vibrant screens on in-car dashboards allow drivers and passengers the convenience of having the ultimate entertainment and navigation experience while on the go”, said Sanjay Panikar, Head of Marketing, Car Audio, Middle East & Africa. “Besides these, Sony’s newest media receivers also feature a range of exciting connectivity options like Apple CarPlay, Android Auto™ and WebLinkTM Cast that provides a user the power of convenience.”
Key Features of the XAV-AX8000 Media Receiver
Looking for directions on maps or changing your music will no longer be a distraction from the road in front of you with the XAV-AX8000. Safety and innovative design are at the heart of Sony’s interests. The perfect convergence of lighter touch operation and improved visibility makes everything easy to see at a glance, an essential feature when on the road.
- 95-inch, anti-glare display hovers seamlessly over the dashboard and works in a single-DIN space; the sturdy mount can be adjusted in three directions to allow for flexible installation in a wide variety of vehicles
- Apple CarPlay – Apple CarPlay integrates iPhone with the car audio’s display and controls; it enables users to make phone calls, access music, send and receive messages, get directions optimised for traffic and more while the driver stays focused on the road; Apple CarPlay now supports third-party navigation apps, so it provides even more choices to get to the destination; learn more at apple.com/ios/carplay
- Android Auto – Designed with safety and convenience in mind, Android Auto is a simpler way to use a smartphone with the car’s display; with the Google Assistant on Android Auto, drivers can stay focused, connected and entertained, keeping their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel, while using voice to help with daily tasks; learn more at android.com/auto
- WebLinkTM Cast – WebLink is a lightweight app delivery platform designed especially for in-vehicle use; using the Android or iOS device connection, it is now updated with a capability to mirror smartphone screen right on the XAV-AX8000 display – for reliable, responsive infotainment anytime on the road (available by firmware update)
- Sleek aluminum key terminal – The ergonomically designed key terminal gives instant access to the basic operation that includes voice control, source selections and sound adjustments while minimizing distractions
- Customisable Wallpaper – Allows changing its wallpaper to the preset color choices or user’s favorite JPEG image saved in a USB device (user’s favorite available with firmware update)
- Quick wake-up – It is ready to hit the road soon after ignition is turned on
- FLAC audio file compatible – Free Lossless Audio Codec compresses without any loss in quality; it can playback FLAC files with up to 24-bit depth and sampling frequency at 48 kHz
- High voltage 3-preout – The 5-volt signal offers clearer sound with less distortion when the head unit is connected to a power amplifier for future acoustic expandability
- Sound optimisation – The Dynamic Stage Organiser (DSO) creates vivid sound image as if there were speakers on the dashboard; the 10-band equalizer (EQ10) with 10 pre-sets provides easy and effective frequency adjustment for various listening environments
- 55Wx4 MAX/20Wx4 RMS DRA2 with EXTRA BASS™ circuitry – A built-in, 4-channel amplifier delivers 55 watts x 4 (max. at 4 ohms) / 20 watts x 4 (RMS at 4 ohms) output power with DRA2 (Dynamic Reality Amp 2) power IC; the EXTRA BASS™ works to reproduce clear, punchy sound at any volume level; the two-mode boost steps allow for both delicate and heavy boost settings
- Rear view camera ready – The image of a connected rearview camera is seen when the vehicle’s transmission lever is shifted to the “R” (Reverse) position or when tapping the “Rear Camera” icon on the home screen
Key Features of the XAV-AX1500 Media Receiver
XAV-1500 will revolutionise your driving experience.
- 2” anti-glare touchscreen display with lighter touch operation and improved visibility as well as space saving installation with a single-DIN rear chassis
- Mirror your smartphone screen on the XAV-1500 with WebLink™ Cast and connect through Bluetooth for hands-free calling and wireless audio streaming.
- Bring the bass to your journey with EXTRA BASS™ which produces clear punchy sound at any volume level. Along with sound optimization such as DSO (Dynamic Stage Organizer), 10-band equalizer as well as FLAC audio fie compatibility, you can enjoy powerful and quality sound wherever you are going.
- Discover the stress-free wake up feature, ready to hit the road soon after the ignition is turned on. The XAV-1500 is also rear-view camera ready with customisable guidelines enabling you to reverse safely and easily.
Currently, both models are available in the UAE with XAV-AX8000 priced at AED1,649 while XAV-1500 is priced at AED889.